Friday, November 11, 2011

new friends, new treats

I am starting to go through some serious blogging withdrawal. Writing in my blog… reading blogs.. looking at new blogs…redesigning my blog. Do you get it? Good.

Anyway, I have a new job – and while I am really enjoying it – I miss the extra freedom that I came along with hating my last job. (I also miss my coworkers. They were pretty okay.) That extra freedom meant more time to blog during the work day. Those days are gone and I’m okay with it, except.. I still miss blogger life.

So I have this new job…and it’s good. But regardless, I’m still the new kid. So what’s the best way to get people to like you?

Make them treats. And lots of them.

My second week, I brought in pumpkin spice cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting. This got them to remember what my name was.
The following week, I brought in chewy chocolate chip cookies with sea salt. This got them to warm up to me. They were also gone before noon, which is always a good sign.
The third week, I made some cake batter bark, courtesy of this lady, and this really sealed the deal. Now on my fourth week, I was asked why there weren’t any treats this week. HA suckas.. no real, I need to bring in something for next week or else I’ll probably be fired. (ok, not true).

There have been so many other things that I want to blog about lately…the delicious shrimp scampi, chicken cordon bleu, cheesy stuffed potatoes and caramel-stuffed cupcakes with dark and white chocolate ganache that I made; my latest obsession with Taste of Home magazine; my experience at the Amish market; my restraint in eating all of the Halloween candy and my excitement for hosting my first thanksgiving.  It’s been one busy fall season so far…this weekend, I am baking a whole lot of mini red velvet birthday cakes for this little lady. And my birthday is Sunday. A day to which I consume roughly about 8,000 calories and drink alcohol before 11am. Phylis is making me an orange-raspberry coconut cake (my nannie’s recipe) schwing! Anna is making Chicken Marsala from the Carmine’s cookbook. (double shwing!) It’ll be a good day.

Anyway, that’s what’s livin’ on the home front. So what’s up with you guys?

No comments:

Post a Comment