Wednesday, November 23, 2011

thankful

This week was a stressful one for me on the home front. Adding to my playing hostess to my first Thanksgiving for both of our families, which in itself carries its own stresses, my papa bear, Al, was in the hospital, recovering from a terrible infection in his leg. After a few days of straight panic about whether or not he would be coming home (we have never spent a Thanksgiving apart in 27 years), he was finally released yesterday. Thanks be to baby Jesus and the Pilgrims and the Indians (since it’s really their holiday).

So in light of this week of togetherness and thankfulness and turkeys and my Daddy being healthy again, I wanted to share what I am most thankful for in my life these days (and always):

-          For Phyl and Al, my parents  – who after almost 40 years of marriage, not only still love each other, but genuinely like each other. All that they do for me and my siblings still inspires me every day.

-          For Bill, my husband - who provides for me, loves me endlessly and really is so good to me all while dealing with my moments rage over tablecloths and burnt cupcakes. (hey, thanksgiving is stressful.) and for the love that we have together.

-          For my parents-in-law, Anna and Bill – who accepted me into their family and always treat me like their own daughter. And for having Bill. Because he’s the best.

-          For my brothers and sister, Bryan, Joe and Jeanine – who I know are always there for me, no matter how near or far they may be.  And are always, ALWAYS good to me.

-          For my dear friends (all of them) – who are always a bright spot on my day, especially when I really need one. And who don’t hate me when if I fall off the spectrum for a while when life gets a little crazy.

-          My love and health of my entire family – which is always endless and comforting.

-          For the roof over my head that Bill and I work so hard for and are so happy to call our home.

-          For my working DVR  at the end of a long work week.

-          For a steady and providing job in a time when so many do not have either.

-          For my own health and a working body that I sometimes take for granted. (like when I hurt my knee running last week – maybe my body’s way of saying, “slow down, girlfriend!”

-          And for the 5,000 calories I will be consuming tomorrow in turkey, potatoes, cranberry sauce, butter pecan bread pudding, shrimp cocktail, spinach dip, stuffing, cheesecake, wine and Sambuca. Food is good.

What are you thankful for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment